A Note To Arizona Racers
Dear Arizona Racers:
There could not be a better time to be excited about dragracing especially if you live in Tucson!
During the next few months you will continue to hear about changes taking place at Tucson Dragway, formally southwest international raceway. Some changes will be subtle and some not...
Our promise is simply this "every change will be made with you, the sportsman racer in mind." Our goal is to make Tucson Dragway a safe, fun,"place to race!" With a family atmosphere.
As you probably know by now, sportsman racer, businessman and entrepreneur Jim Hughes is in the process of taking over the track. Jim has spent the past thirty years on the road racing, promoting and building brand recognition. He has met countless racers, fans, track owners and event promoters. After 38 years of building a performance orientated manufacturing business, his experience and quality reputation are now being brought directly to the gates of Tucson Dragway! needless to say, this will undoubtedly impact your racing future.
In an effort to provide you with some insight, here are a few areas of immediate attention and concern:
• Providing on a consistent basis, the safest and fastest race surface possible
• Improving both racer and spectator amenities
• Good working relationships with surrounding tracks to work together and minimize overlapping races that only tears the racing community apart.
• An internal staff infrastructure between management and employees that will increase communications and reduce track conflicts.
• Event planning that encourages growth and notoriety of the sport we all know and love... Dragracing!
Please stay tuned for additional updates and know that our team is working on this transition as quickly as possible. We apologize for the brief downtime and any inconvenience this may have caused. We know there has been many promises made in the past. Don't give up hope! If you know Jim, his attitude is "failure is not an option!"
The Tucson Dragway Team